The FL2000DX is Fresco Logic’s USB 3.0 Display device controller. It integrates Fresco Logic’s display transfer engine, USB 3.0 device controller, USB 3.0 transceiver, and a VGA (D-Sub) DAC. Fresco Logic’s display transfer engine is designed with Fresco Logic’s proprietary architecture and processes the video stream optimally for USB 3.0 bandwidth. The high performance video DAC provides clear and crisp display quality, and supports full HD (1920x1080) resolution. The integrated USB 3.0 device controller and transceiver were developed in conjunction with the de-facto standard Fresco USB 3.0 host controllers, which ensures the best performance and compatibility.
The FL2000DX ASIC and device software are compatible with Universal Serial Bus Device Class Definition for Audio/Video Devices (USB A/V), as well as USB 3.0 Specification. The FL2000DX device software is implemented optimally for the proprietary architecture in the FL2000DX ASIC. End-users will have an excellent experience with low CPU utilization, lossless video content, and seamless operation between monitors. The FL2000DX device software supports Windows 7 and Windows 8, including Aero effects and both extension and mirror modes. In addition, the FL2000DX supports external SPI flash interface to facilitate low-cost “Driver on board” solutions.
With its innovative architecture, FL2000DX delivers a high quality and cost effective USB-Display solution. Requiring very few external components, the FL2000DX allows system makers to easily integrate FL2000DX into thin, small form factors for ultra-portable systems.
- Cmpliant with USB 3.0 Specification Revision 1.0
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus Device Class Definition for Audio/Video Devices (USB A/V)
- Integrated SuperSpeed USB transceiver
- USB upstream port supporting SS/HS data rates (5Gbps/480Mbps)
- Supports low-cost “Driver on Board” solution for media-free installation using SPI interface.
- Supports bulk and isochronous transfer
- Integrated high-performance VGA DAC supports up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz
- Supports digital RGB 24-bit parallel output (QFN 88-pin only)
- 3.3V/1.2V power supply
- Supports 10 MHz crystal oscillator
- WHCK/WHQL certified driver support for Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10.